Unwanted hair is a common problem affecting most women and men to varying degrees throughout their lives and prompting to use of various temporary methods of hair reduction or hair management systems. However Electrolysis is still the only proven permanent method of hair removal and many women and indeed many men, have benefited from this tried and trusted treatment. Electrolysis, a modern increasingly popular treatment is now even more gentle, effective and comfortable.
What is Electrolysis?
Electrolysis is a safe, effective, progressive and permanent method of removing unwanted hair. Indeed it is the only truly permanent method of hair removal and is therefore a treatment in great demand. With the choice of three methods currently available galvanic, diathermy and now blend there is something to suit everyone. Treatment is tailor made to suit YOU.
How does electrolysis work?
A fine probe (about the size of an eyelash) is inserted into the hair follicle where a tiny burst of energy is targeted at the root of the hair. This prevents nutrients feeding the hair and the hair becomes weaker and finer, after repeated treatments the hair is no longer able to grow and complete hair free results are obtained. Each hair requires repeated treatments because each individual hair has its own growing cycle and blood supply. Electrolysis works by weakening the hair and eventually destroying it. Results take a little time but just like dieting; it is not the crash diet but the healthy eating plan that works in the long term.
Is Electrolysis safe?
Electrolysis was first invented in 1875 and is proven both effective and totally safe. Advancing technology has meant electrolysis has become more gentle and comfortable even more effective and remains an affordable modern treatment or as part of a programme of support for hair management such as IPL or Laser; Electrolysis will work for you. We use ‘Sterex needles’ and the full range of professional hygiene products to ensure your comfort and safety, as part of the special care we take to protect your skin from infection. The Sterex range of aftercare products are specially formulated for their antiseptic, healing and soothing properties. A good programme of hygienic home care will avoid any spots or minor infections occurring. It is important for you to remember to take extra care of the treated area, especially within the first 36/48 hours giving the skin a chance to settle and to allow it to return to normal.
Important notice for all our clients
Marlene Rose is a qualified Electrologist with 31 years experience in the industry. Marlene & her team will advise you on the Electrolysis Treatment, its suitability for your hair and skin condition, to include the after care. Marlene has taken part in the training of Electrolysis for the Transgendered in 2010, to help the LGBT community during their transition period. For More information on the Electrolysis for the Transgendered, please
- call us on 020 7242 7745
- or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your private and confidential consultation with Marlene Rose.
- Check our FAQ’s for details on this treatment.
- An Initial Consultation is mandatory for Electrolysis, and this allows the therapist to assess the skin and hair condition with the medical history to plan a tailored programme to suit each individual.
- After Care products are also mandatory to care for the treated skin after treatment and must be purchased at the first treatment.
- A topical anaesthetic cream can be used on treated areas with very high sensitivity at an additional cost to be discussed during the consultation time.
- Courses must be paid in full at the first treatment. They are valid for 6 or 10 months respectively from the date of purchase.
- Missed sessions, appointments cancelled without providing 24 hours notice & amended 2 or more times will be considered as used sessions.
- Cancellation fee or No Show Fee of £25 will apply if no notice is provided.
- Refunds are not available in such circumstances.
- For All our General Terms & Conditions, please browse the special page where you can read them & familiarise yourself with how we work at The Beauty Therapy Room