|Treatment||Duration||Price per Session||Courses of 6 Sessions|
|Consultation||45 min||£40||Mandatory to have a consultation prior to any advanced treatments.|
|Hydr8 Facial||60 min||£95||£475|
|Beta Facial||60 min||£95||£475|
|Red Alert Facial||60 min||£95||£475|
|White Balance||60 min||£95||£475|
|Anti-ageing Facial||60 min||£95||£475|
Note: Medik8 Facials – These facials can be taken every 2-4 weeks interval with the home care prescriptives to be used at home to maintain the skin’s condition & the results from the treatments in the clinic. Medik8 therapists will advise the clients on the necessary home care prescriptives during the consultation & will also help in learning how to use them to maximise the results for client’s skin.
Medik8 is a skin research company pioneering the cosmeceutical technology of providing products suitable for sensitive skin without compromising efficacy, so they may be used by everyone. It is a myth that a product designed for sensitive skin would not be as effective just because it is less irritating.
It was previously incorrectly assumed that aggressive products causing significant inflammation gave the best results (the idea being that aggressive products provoke a healing response) but current opinion, based on the latest research, is that excessive inflammation can damage cells causing long term skin damage and perversely causing premature skin ageing.
The challenge for Medik8 is to make effective ingredients less aggressive without reducing potency.
Medik8 does this in many ways – for example:
- Using film-encapsulation,
- Chirally correct actives,
- Non-acidic derivatives
- Patented telomere extenders
- Avoiding unnecessary base actives
- pH balancing all formulae
- Not using harsh detergents or soaps
- Selecting carrier oils based on skin compatibility
In general, Medik8 philosophy is as follows:
- New & Original Research
- Proper Science & Proven Results
- Professional strength & Not Pot Pourri
- Skin Safe Ingredients
- Minimising Skin Irritation
- Green Chemistry & Eco Packaging
- High Quality in Products & Treatments
- Excellent Value for Money.
Skin Types Treated with Medik8
Normal skin is usually clear in complexion with minimal blemishes. The pore size is often small to medium, giving the skin an even and smooth appearance.
Oily / Combination
Oily/ combination skin will have a shiny appearance and an oily feel to the skin. The pore size is usually increased. The combination of excess oil production and enlarged pores can lead to blackheads. The oiliness may be centralised on the face in the classic ‘T-zone’ area.
Dry skin can often feel very tight, with flaking or peeling patches. The skin is matte in appearance, with very small pores, and infrequent blemishes. Dry skin can often be sensitive to temperature fluctuations and is often associated with seasonal changes.
Acneic / Problematic Skin
Problem skin produces too much oil and has enlarged pores due to this. The pores become clogged with excess oil, dead skin cells and bacteria, which leads to blackheads and whiteheads. Blemishes can be small whiteheads, to large, sore lesions.
Redness Prone Skin
Redness-prone (erythematous) skin can often suffer with facial thread veins or rosacea. The skin has a high density of blood at the surface due to bleeding at the site of capillary damage which leads to a ‘flushed’ look.
Four Steps Protocol for Home & Salon Care
- Hydrate (Hydr8)
Medik8 Medi – Spa Facial Treatments
Hydr8™ Facial for all skin types, especially dry and de-hydrated.Deeply hydrating and restorative facial treatment.
Brings back the skin’s vitality and flexibility and eliminates dehydration.
With Medik8’s flagship hydrating serum Hydr8™ B5, this treatment transforms the skin as it hydrates, refines, tones and firms, leaving it silky smooth and radiant.
Treatment timing: 60 minutes
For oily, combination, congested and acneic skin types.Intensive anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory treatment utilizing the benefits of the earth’s natural purifying and healing matter – Kaolin and Bentonite as well as a fine ground natural bamboo scrub.
This treatment is designed to normalise sebum secretion, alleviate inflammation and reduce irritation whilst improving the skin’s hydration, texture and tone.
Treatment timing: 60 minutes
Red Alert® Facial
For hypersensitive and redness-prone skin types.White Balance™ Facial for hyper-pigmented skin types.White Balance Facial for Hyperpigmented Skin Types.Delicate facial treatment designed specifically for hypersensitive skin with visible thread veins or prone to redness and inflammation.
Moisturizes the epidermis, improves skin firmness and elasticity, soothes irritations and reduces redness of the skin. Uses preparations enriched with vitamin C, vitamin K, Teprenone and algae to strengthen and seal broken capillaries, calm and soothe inflammation and reduce the risk of erythematous skin reactions.
Treatment timing: 60 minutes
Anti-ageing Facial Peels
Enzyme Superfacial PeelA complete and extremely effective lightening treatment for face, neck and décolleté based on carefully.
Selected active ingredients with brightening properties.
With White Balance™ this serum illuminates complexion, reduces discolouration and evens out skin tone.
Medik8 superficial peels are one of the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedures performed to rejuvenate and revitalise the appearance of the skin. With little or no downtime, Medik8 enzyme and chemical peels offer a virtually risk-free, results-driven therapy for a wide array of skin conditions, including fine lines and wrinkles, acne, acne scaring, hyperpigmentation, dry or flaky skin and many more.
- A Chemical Peeling is a cosmetic procedure based on the application of an enzyme or chemical exfoliant to the skin on order to induce necrosis or destruction of the epidermis and/or the dermis cells resulting in the removal of skin lesions or imperfections and the improvement of the skin texture. It is s relatively simple treatment used for cosmetic management of numerous skin condition, such as acne scarring, photodamage and hyperpigmentation.
- An Enzyme Peeling is a suitable alternative to chemical peeling for persons with delicate and very thin skin. It is based on the application of a digestive enzyme exfoliant to the skin to induce controlled necrosis or destruction of the uppermost layer of epidermal (dead) skin cells, leading to improved skin texture, radiance and luminous skin glow. Enzyme Peeling is very suitable for Hypersensitive & Ethnic Skin.
We can differentiate and classified the Peels into 3 types:
- Superficial Peel: such as the Medik8 Superfacial Enzyme Peel
- Superficial Peel Level 1: such as the Medik8 agePeel, whitePeel, betaPeel, eyePeel
- Superficial Peel Level 2: such as the Medik8 Jessner Peel
- Medium Peel:
- such as Medik8 TCA 30% – performed ONLY by qualified medical persons or nurses.
- Deep Peel:
- such as the surgical cosmetic procedures performed ONLY by specialised medical consultants and surgeons.
At The Beauty Therapy Room, the following Medik8 Superfacial Peels are performed:
Superfacial Enzyme Peel – This peel contains PAPAIN, naturally derived enzyme. It acts as a powerful digestive enzyme derived from papaya fruit which essentially “eats” dead skin cells from the surface, leaving the skin smooth, soft and glowing but without the downtime intense peeling.
The Superfacial Enzyme Peel
- is good for dull, tired skin, as well as suitable for ALL skin types.
- is ideal for persons with hypersensitive skin or those undergoing their first peeling procedure i.e. for first-time persons.
- has NO visible signs of skin peeling.
- can be repeated at regular intervals with virtually no downtime.
- feels just like a “super” facial.
- Suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive and can be used on ethnic skin.
The Superfacial Peels – Level 1 – These peels involve the destruction of majority of the epidermis. They have been formulated to target specific skin concerns. They are the perfect option for those looking to have the best results with minimal “side effects”.
The Superfacial Peels – Level 1 are:
- agePeel – effective treatment to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and fade away imperfections, leaving the skin smooth and renewed.
- whitePeel – effective treatment to achieve a brighter and even skin stone, free of dark spots and hyperpigmentation by eliminating skin cells rich in melanin and prevent the darkening of the new skin cells. This treatments is designed to target sun damaged and hyperpigmented skins.
- betaPeel – effective treatment to bring down acne and control it and reduce the risk of future outbreaks by targeting blocked pores, comedones and inflammation.
- eyePeel – effective treatment to the eye area which shows initial signs of ageing. This treatment is designed to reduce the lines, the tone and plumpness in the eye area as well as the fine lines and wrinkles by eliminating the dead skin cells. It I suitable for mild to moderate ageing skin and all skin types.
The Superfacial Peels – Level 1:
- are designed to achieve the desired solution.
- have best results with minimum downtime balance
- have visible long lasting results.
- can be used all year round.
- have minimum irritation.
- are virtually painless
- have no downtime from skin shredding, redness and irritation.
- can be applied to other areas of the body.
The Superfacial Peels Level 2
These peels are superior treatments designed to remove the dead skin cells more deeply. They have multiple functions to treat and lighten the areas of hyperpigmentation, sun damaged skin, mild to severe acne condition, mild scarring, discoloration and moderate wrinkles.
The Superfacial Peels – Level 2 – are Medik8 Jessner Peels and they are good for moderate wrinkles, pigmentation, imperfections and scarring.
The Superfacial Peels – Level 2- Jessner Peels:
- are often used as a preparation step for deep peeling.
- have visible long lasting results.
- different strength can be achieved.